86e Fête du Citron – “des mondes fantastiques” (Fantastic worlds)
from 16 February to 3 March 2019
Just 20 minutes by car from Villa Vento Largo, a perfect holiday to enjoy a holiday between France and Italy!
BENEATH THE ZEST OF ORANGES AND LEMONS LIES ONE OF THE WORLD’S GREATEST FESTIVALS
La Fête du Citron® (Lemon Festival), an unique event in the world, attracts 240,000 visitors every year – a number which is constantly rising.
With processions of floats, gardens of lights and the exhibition of giant designs, come and discover this fantasy world, and move to the rhythm of a simply unforgettable event.
More than 300 professionals work on the project and 145 tons of citrus fruits are used.
The main events
- Saturday 16 February at 11.00 am: opening of the 86th Fête du Citron®
- Saturday 16 February at 2.00 pm: opening of the Exhibition of Citrus patterns
- Saturday 16 February, 8.30 pm: Les Jardins de Lumières (The Gardens of Lights)
- Sunday 17 February, 2.30 pm: Golden Fruit Parade
- Thursday 21 February, 9 pm: The night-time parade, (followed by fireworks)
- Friday 22 February, 8.30 pm: Les Jardins de Lumières (The Gardens of Lights)
- Sunday 24 February, 2.30 pm: Golden Fruit Parade
- Thursday 28 February, 9 pm: The night-time parade, (followed by fireworks)
- Friday 1 March, 8.30 pm: Les Jardins de Lumières (The Gardens of Lights)
- Sunday 3 March, 2.30 pm: Golden Fruit Parade
The event in numbers
- 20 days of festival
- 240, 000 spectators on average each year
- 10 floats and 13 decorated displays in the gardens
- 200 artists (dancers, musicians)
- 400 participants (warehousemen, cashiers, screening staff)
- Over 20, 000 hours worked by crews, primarily municipal
- 12 people in charge of changing any fruit which has deteriorated each day
- 140 tonnes of citrus fruit for the gardens and floats
- Up to 18 tonnes of fruit for the most magnificent designs
- 45 kg of oranges or 30 kg lemons are needed to cover 1 m²
- 5 tonnes of additional fruit to replace any damaged fruit
- Over 750,000 elastic bands for attaching the fruit
- 15 tonnes of steel
For info and tickets, follow the link: